AsRock B75M-DGS R2.0 RAM Slots

valkurye

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I have just built a new desktop with the "Asrock B75M-DGS R2.0" motherboard. The motherboard has 2 RAM slots, DDR3_A1 and DDR3_B1. The RAM is Corsair Vengeance 1 x 4GB DDR3-1600. After everything was installed I turned the computer on for the first time and received the "no memory installed" error with 3 long beeps. The RAM was in the first ram slot (A1) closest to the cpu. I then moved the RAM stick to the second slot (B1) and the computer turned on successfully. Both times the RAM was properly inserted into the slot on the motherboard.

Does this mean the A1 RAM slot is faulty or when you only have 1 RAM stick installed it has to be in B1 to funtion? I need to know if it is faulty or not for when the second RAM stick is purchased.

valkurye

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

I have checked both user manual and installation manual and there is no direction as to which slot you must use with one RAM stick.

valkurye

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

I don't currently, but I may be able to borrow one from someone else to test. I will try that and post whether it works or doesn't.