AMD graphics card not recognised?

DigitDrift

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I recently recieved my new GPU, a Sapphire Raedon HD 6970. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202035&Tpk=HD%206970%20sapphire )
I installed the card as i would any other.
The card, unusually, will not display anything on my computer ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=5187019&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c03381888 ), in the bios or after windows had loaded.
I have disabled and uninstalled my old GPU (nVidia GT 620) and my Intel onboard graphics. I know intel/AMD is not an optimal configuration but its what I have to work with. I ensured my PCI slot is working fine in the bios, as even when uninstalled, my GT 620 still displays in the low res mode as cards will when their proper drivers are not present. The card seems to function, as the small LED on its underside lights when its connected to power and both fans blow fine and cool when the computer is turned on. I tried installing CCC before installing the card the second attempt; Still nothing. Tried using both VGA and DVI connections, nothing. Using 8 pin rather than 4 pin and then using both. nothing.

Im stuck here... I should at least get SOME image, even if low res. the only thing i can think is that my card is just a dud and should be returned or replaced.
I had a friend who works in IT confirm that the card is compatible with my board, so im at a loss as to how i can get this to work, or face it as a lost cause.

So the card displays everywhere fine, but when Windows starts in normal mode? I think it's just throwing a weird default low resolution your monitor doesn't like. Do you have another screen you can test with or just to get drivers installed?

DigitDrift

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

no. the card displays NOWHERE. I can enter safemode via my old card, and technically my AMD, but i'd be going in blind.

Its black screen through and through