Are these configurations good enough to bulid File and eMail Server?

Wackko

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hi, everyone! This is my first ever post on this site and first ever try to build a system, cause I'm barely new in this area of my life...

so, I'll need someone's help and opinion a.k.a advice...

First, I will tell you something about enviroment.. it's about small business, currently 25 WINDOWS users (posibillity for more in next 2-4 years) with currently one server... I want to build another one, but only as storage and eMail server which will endure for next 3-4 years, so I can disburden the current one... I did some research over the last 10 days to find solutions for hardware needs... Based on the enviroment, my needs and budget (1300-1700$) I want to know if I choose good enough components?

1. Motherboard: ASUS MB P9D WS OR Asus MB P9D-E/4L
2. Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1265L Processor OR Intel i7 4770S
3. Memory: 1x Kingston or Corsair DDR3 DIMM or UDIMM 1600Mhz 8GB
4. Rack Case: Supermicro SC523L-410B 2U Chassis OR Dynapower Heavy Duty Steel ATX 2U Advanced-level Rackmount Case
5. Cooler system (based on Rack Case)
6. 1x Optical device
7. Power Supply System 400-600 W
8. 2x HDD SATA 3.5 2TB
9. WIN 7 Pro

I'll need reccomendations for items No. 7 and 8 and, in generally, is this worth building or not for that money?

Please, feel free to write if someone has better solutions for my needs or you need further information...

Teach me, enlight me... :)

Tnx for your time!

Have a nice day!

W@ckko

g-unit1111

Titan
I guess the first question I would have with this server is how many individual computers are going to be on this LAN? And do you want a rackmount server or a standalone tower? The tower will be easier to upgrade to handle more users than the rackmount server will be.

Wackko

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

Hi, g-unit1111, and tnx for your reply!

The answer on your first question is 25 individual PCs in LAN and I would prefer rackmount case...