Best CPU/GPU combo to play next generation level games on.

gorebs24

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
I know that current PC games perform a lot better than console games, but the release of the PS4 has got me a little worried about my setup. I know that it cannot play future games. I have an A8-5600K with a 7770 OC 1GB GPU. Don't ask why I have that CPU paired with that a GPU. ha. I basically rebuilt a PC from leftover parts.

Anyways, I'm wanting it to be cost efficient . My wife isn't going to let me get a setup that will be more than the PS4 itself. I'll need a new MOBO while I'm at it. Is that even possible to pull off?

gorebs24

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Yikes. That is a little out of my price range. Maybe my card can get me by on lower resolutions. The new games don't look too demanding so far. Titanfall, BF4, and Watchdogs are primarily the ones I'm interested in.

fudungi

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
well the thing is that a ps4 is literally just a specialized computer, that costs about $500(plus some for online fees) but should be able to perform better than a computer that you can build for $500. In other words, if your computer costs less than the next gen consoles, it most likely may not be able to perform on par with the next gen and buying the ps4 would be preferable in this situation.