New Cooler Or New Processor

trinity873

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hi, ok so i recently have accumulated around £130 to spend on my PC and i decided i wanted to do something with my processor. i have a fx4100 @ stock speeds

Now here are my thoughts, get a H100i and OC the hell out of my cpu, buy some LEDs and a new side panel for my pc which come to the £130, Or buy a new cpu most likely the fx8320 and stick with my stock cooler that comes with it and no side panel or leds for around £125

What do you guys think?

I think the aftermarket cooling solution would be the better investment. AMD's next generation of CPUs is just around the corner, so it would be best to see how those perform before making that plunge. With buying an aftermarket solution, it can still be used even after you upgrade your rig, and meanwhile you'll be getting more utility out of your current purchase.

If you want you can get the middle ground here, You can upgrade to the FX-6300 and the Hyper 212 EVO and overclock that cpu and have ~20 left for other things you way want to add. That processor will hold you ever until next gen processors, or until the 8350 price drop.