Think I have my first build ready....Budget gaming and family PC. Input please :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1vMeW

Here is what I have ended up with after a few days reading, watching and a little input from another thread I had. This will be my first time building a pc.

Let me know what you think for a budget build that will see some gaming use (iracing, Vrc-Pro, BF4/3, CoD) and really any other game I think may be fun. I used to do some Sim racing years ago and think I may get back into it some.

The wife and kids will use it for school work and general use when the other laptops and ipads are in use.

I may add a monitor later, but for now have a few I can use or will run hdmi to my 47" Tv.

All input is welcome but PLEASE try not to confuse me too much more :)
5 answers Last reply
More about build ready budget gaming family input
  1. It looks decent, but check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kirilmatt/saved/2bnR
    It has a better GPU for the same price. Since you didn't include windows just remove windows and it will cost $725. Hope this helps!
  2. kirilmatthew said:
    It looks decent, but check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kirilmatt/saved/2bnR
    It has a better GPU for the same price. Since you didn't include windows just remove windows and it will cost $725. Hope this helps!


    Thanks, that looks decent as well but I am not sure of some of the parts.....again I am new to this and it may only confuse me further, but I read a few not so nice things about Asus boards, corsair cx line psu's so I was staying away from some of that. Isn't it basically the setup with the exception of a cheaper (i'm assuming worse) cooler and the GPU?
  3. CFD3Captain said:
    kirilmatthew said:
    It looks decent, but check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kirilmatt/saved/2bnR
    It has a better GPU for the same price. Since you didn't include windows just remove windows and it will cost $725. Hope this helps!


    Thanks, that looks decent as well but I am not sure of some of the parts.....again I am new to this and it may only confuse me further, but I read a few not so nice things about Asus boards, corsair cx line psu's so I was staying away from some of that. Isn't it basically the setup with the exception of a cheaper (i'm assuming worse) cooler and the GPU?


    That PSU is quite good, so are Asus boards. It all depends on personal experience: people have bad experiences and then tell you to stay away. I have an Asus board and it works great.
  4. kirilmatthew said:
    CFD3Captain said:
    kirilmatthew said:
    It looks decent, but check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kirilmatt/saved/2bnR
    It has a better GPU for the same price. Since you didn't include windows just remove windows and it will cost $725. Hope this helps!


    Thanks, that looks decent as well but I am not sure of some of the parts.....again I am new to this and it may only confuse me further, but I read a few not so nice things about Asus boards, corsair cx line psu's so I was staying away from some of that. Isn't it basically the setup with the exception of a cheaper (i'm assuming worse) cooler and the GPU?


    That PSU is quite good, so are Asus boards. It all depends on personal experience: people have bad experiences and then tell you to stay away. I have an Asus board and it works great.


    Okay Thank you! I kind have figured that about different manufacturer's etc.....Thanks for the input
  5. CFD3Captain said:
    kirilmatthew said:
    CFD3Captain said:
    kirilmatthew said:
    It looks decent, but check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kirilmatt/saved/2bnR
    It has a better GPU for the same price. Since you didn't include windows just remove windows and it will cost $725. Hope this helps!


    Thanks, that looks decent as well but I am not sure of some of the parts.....again I am new to this and it may only confuse me further, but I read a few not so nice things about Asus boards, corsair cx line psu's so I was staying away from some of that. Isn't it basically the setup with the exception of a cheaper (i'm assuming worse) cooler and the GPU?


    That PSU is quite good, so are Asus boards. It all depends on personal experience: people have bad experiences and then tell you to stay away. I have an Asus board and it works great.


    Okay Thank you! I kind have figured that about different manufacturer's etc.....Thanks for the input


    Not a problem!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems