What is a too high temp for i5 4670k?

I am wondering what is a too high temp, i only have a stock cooler, but im looking at a corsair watercooling, but my CPU gets to 82c max. Is that too high? its only that for when i am rendering a video - like maybe anywhere from 20 minutes to a hour.
9 answers Last reply
More about high temp 4670k
  1. mrsandbox123 said:
    I am wondering what is a too high temp, i only have a stock cooler, but im looking at a corsair watercooling, but my CPU gets to 82c max. Is that too high? its only that for when i am rendering a video - like maybe anywhere from 20 minutes to a hour.

haswell cpu has a bit more power consumption compared to ivy bridge but max temp for 4670k is more than 90C.I'd recommend getting the coarser hydro sries copper collers or cooler master seidon copper coolers
  2. subhadeep082012-1331288 said:
    mrsandbox123 said:

haswell cpu has a bit more power consumption compared to ivy bridge but max temp for 4670k is more than 90C.I'd recommend getting the coarser hydro sries copper collers or cooler master seidon copper coolers

alright, i just rendered out a video, which took 1 hour and the highest temp it got to was 87c, and it was around 83c most of the time.
  3. mrsandbox123 said:
    subhadeep082012-1331288 said:
    mrsandbox123 said:

alright, i just rendered out a video, which took 1 hour and the highest temp it got to was 87c, and it was around 83c most of the time.

So get the watercooling stuff quickly for securing your cpu
  4. mrsandbox123 said:
    subhadeep082012-1331288 said:
    mrsandbox123 said:

So get the watercooling stuff quickly for securing your cpu
  5. Get the H60 hydro series and you will see a decrease in temperatures. Get the Evo 212 and you see even cooler temperatures. You certainly need an after market CPU cooler as 82c is too high and way to near the TJ Max. It all comes down to personal preference if you like air cooling and don't want that possibility of a water cooler busting up then get the Hyper evo 212 or the Noctua NH-D14, if you want the idea of a quiet and cool system get a liquid cooler.
  6. Will u please inform me with your budget for the aftermarket cooler
  7. Azrael47 said:

Yes best aftermarket cooler better than the H40
  8. You should get the Evo 212, it performs as good as the H60 which is $15 more.

Remember to select a solution in this thread, the forum members appreciate it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling CPUs Intel i5