Two way skype mike?

Hannah69

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
My USB Skype mike prevents sound from coming out of my mikes that came with my computer. How can I have a Skype conversation if sound goes only one way?

Hannah69

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013

I don't have the mic link, but I recently got it from Amazon (said it was for Skype). My desktop has external speakers; if I unplug these, will the mic work two ways (they're not USB) but mint green plug). Or is there something in the Skype program that will permit sound to come out of the mic, or should I plug headphones into the other (yellow) hole on the USB sound "card" that holds the mic?: Obviously, I''m new to Skype, I have a Skype job interview this Tuesday, so whatever tech tips you or anyone else can give would be much appreciated. Thanks!

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Okay. If you right-click your sound icon in the window tray, (you use windows right?) click recording devices then open your USB mic properties. Check the listen tab. Make sure you check the box that says, "Listen to this device". Check the levels tab to see if the volume is up.

Also, which way is not working? You can't hear them or they can't hear you?

Hannah69

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013

When I plugged the sound card + mic in, no sound came out of my computer speakers. However, I just plugged in some earphones into the yellow hole on the USB sound card, and I can again hear sounds coming from the computer---a good sign. I guess I won't know until the Skype call whether or not the mic is transmitting to the person at the other end. Thanks for your quick response!s!

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Okay, can you plug your external speakers into the the yellow port? Also back in the recording devices menu, is your USB mic set to default? Does it pick up sound? (if it can pick up sound, the bar beside the USB mic icon will turn green and rise to the sounds it picks up)