I want to upgrade my pc help me

rameshacmilan07

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
i want to upgrade my pc and my maximum budget for upgrade is Rs 10000. i live in india. i want to upgrade my processor & motherboard for gaming purpose. my resolution is 1360x768 and i want to play games like GTA 5...so pls help me.

my current specs:
pentium(R) Dual-core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 1.60GHz
2 gb ram ddr2
Gigabyte - G41M
ATI readon Sapphire 7750
corsair vs 450w.

gamer2321

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013

Hi
According to your mother board it supports core 2 duo processors, I strongly recommend getting something like the e8400 as your current Pentium dual core does not meet the minimum 2.6ghz on c2d.
I also recommend a ram upgrade to stop windows accessing page files when gaming as 2gb is simply not enough around 4gb would be fine
with that done you can play new games with around low-mid settings
I will suggest more upgrades if you want to play on high settings and oh to upgrade your motherboard you'll have to replace a lot of other hardware so i recommend increasing your price limit till then

The only good component that you have in your computer is the HD7750 and that is a low end video card. I under stand that you funds are limited so you should think about what you want to do. It's usually not a good idea to throw money away and that's what you'll be doing if you try to upgrade this very old outdated computer.
A better way will be to try and save as much money as possible for a certain amount of time and then try to build your self a decent gaming computer with all new parts.
You mention that you have rs.10000 which is about $155 US, is it possible for you to save rs.50000 ? How long would that take if possible ?

gamer2321

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013

I strongly recommend getting something like the e8400 as your current Pentium dual core does not meet the minimum 2.6ghz on c2d.
I also suggest upgrading your power supply to something with a higher wattage to take a good gpu especially with a new cpu.
Upgrade your ram,
use
www.crucial.com 's scanner to find suitable ram modules for your motherboard
For your gpu with that wattage i recommend a 6950 to play modern games well.