GPU makes painful high-pitched noise (not fan noise). Need a silent but high quality gpu to replace it, suggestion?

sdl175

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I have a Radeon HD 5770 and I'm quite happy with how it performs, and I don't mind the fan noise at all. However, no matter how fast or slow the fan in my Radeon video card is moving, there is a constant high pitched ringing coming from some other part of the video card itself.

I know for sure that it is the video card making this noise and that it is seperate from the fan noise. It is a subtle ring but its so constant and high pitched that its going to make me go deaf or something.

What is a good (at least equal quality) video card that I know will be reliable and QUIET??? suggestions please

My setup:
Gigabyte ZMA mobo
Radeon HD 5770
Intel core i5
diablotek power supply
16 gb corsaire vengeance ram

sdl175

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Well anything I can do to get rid of the whine sounds good to me.. which power supply do you think i should get from corsair or seasonic? also another radeon HD is what you recommend for not whining? i mean the 5770 is pretty bad, is it really all the power supplys fault

davidpuddy

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

I wouldn't buy a corsair psu, it's luck of the draw. Search the forums on corsair coil whine, there's tons of cases, myself included.