help with a virus problem

Bobbi Collins

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
turning on PC today normal desktop appeared but there wasan unwelcome "warnig that my system is infected and even after trying to delete it. it reappears over and over. I cannot acess anything..it is trying to force me to buy a product to rid the infection but IT I s the infection. I'm o my laptop . It is my desktop with the problem. I have Aol and Windows XP and I need HELP. asap.

tatertard

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Have you tried running Combo Fix? It is free, rids your computer of programs like this, and you can run it from a flash drive or external drive.

Bobbi Collins

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Hi and thanks, you are talking over my head somewhat as I don't know what those are...I am needing to find out if I can fix remotely from my tablet I am o to the desktop as I cannot access anything. whenever I bring up anything or try to, this "anti virus program" stops it....

Bobbi Collins

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
REPEATING
F8 DIDN'T BRING UP SAFE MODE. cannot RUN ccLEANER EITHER WHICH I LWAYS USE. I DID GET TO RUN SCAN DISC CLEANUP THOUGH. THAT DID NOT HELP. I DO HAVE MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS BUT WHAT GOOD ISIT IF IT LET IN THIS MAJOR HEADACHE...FRUSTRATED HERE....CAN I DO SOMETHING FROM START MENU THEN ....RUN...LIKE MSCONFIG?

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
What's the make/model of your computer? Either you have a different setup or you got a virus that is blocking your ability to use safe mode. You might need to wipe your drive and reinstall your OS, do you have any recovery disks or a Windows XP disk?

Bobbi Collins

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
thanks for your efforts

I have a DELL that I got used so no discs. I may have to call the computer gu that I bOught it from but I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD IT....THANK GOD I HAVE MY TABLET HERE ....OTHERTHINGS I HAVE SEEN POSTED SOUND JUST LIKE INE...IT SAYS "ANTI VIRUS PRO" AND KEEPS SHOWING PICS THAT ARE STORED AS ALL BEING INFECTED...BUY NOW TO CLEAN YOUR COMPUTER.....EVERY SIGLE THING I TRY TO BING UP, TE ATIVIRUS PR COMES UP AND BLCKS WITH THE SAME MESSAGE OVER AAIN....I'M NOT SMART ON THIS STUFF..HOW DO I WIPE OUT STUFF AND CLEAN OPERATING SYSTEM????