kfarris

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
What is the BEST Motherboard Manufacturer for AMD and Intel CPU's:

1. For Durability & reliability?
2. For most features?
3. For best OC capability's?
4. Good bang for you buck?

Based on those 4 questions listed above. I would like the community to help decide which motherboard manufacturers best qualify for each of the following questions.

Updated...

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
They're all good as you don't cheap out. Imo, the best Bang for your buck as far as z87 goes is the Gigabyte UD4. Anything over $200, I'd say the best Overclockers are the MSI boards or the ASUS ROG boards. For Most features, I'd say the MSI gamer series GD-65 and Gigabyte Sniper Series boards are good. For pretty much the Entire line all around decent MoBos, I've heard nothing bad about Gigabyte this year.

From what I've heard you can reach the same clocks with any board on z87. And from what I've seen, for the most part, it's true. It's all a roll of the die on the chip you buy.

ram1009

Distinguished
ASUS & Gigabyte are the oldest. Personally, I use only ASUS as long as they have something I want. My second choice would be Gigabyte. I do NOT agree that they are all "good". Check the reviews.

all manufacturers have issues and all have good and bad products.

currently i have to say that i like the quality, features and reliability of the asus rog series the best (its what i'm using right now) however the price is also high. too bad DFI dropped off the face of the earth years ago... they had some good motherboards as well.

as far as other boards which work... i've had good luck with gigabyte in terms of reliability and price

kfarris

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

DFI is still around how ever there more of an industrial company now instead of a consumer market...http://www.dfi.com.tw/

http://www.dfi.com/products/ProductList.jsp?Industrial_Motherboard=&mainCategoryId=1&categoryId=9&subCategoryId=64

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012

You missed the part where I stated "As long as you don't cheap out."

They're all good as you don't cheap out.

looks like you missed a "....as long as..." in there

joking aside... you are correct that many brands are good however we can only comment on brands we either know personally from experience or have seen enough feedback to warrant a judgement.