bios update
new Memory (RAM)
different Memory Slots (RAM)
graphic and audio drivers update
defragmented all drives
tried to run games from different drives
format of my main drive
fresh windows installation

i tried a different graphic cards at this point on the other graphic card it didn't freeze but restarted the pc instead

i changed back the graphic card and now it doesn't freeze anymore but restarts on this one too

PC temperatures are :

not playing games :

Motherboard 47 C
CPU 39 C
Core 1 - 4 49 C
Hard drives 52 C / 46 C/ 45 C
GPU (dispIO) 59 C
GPU (MemIO) 60 C
GPU (Shader) 60 C

GPU Fan Speed at 60%

playing games :

Motherboard 49 C
CPU 64 C
Core 1 - 4 75 C
Hard drives 52 C / 46 C/ 45 C
GPU (dispIO) 73 C
GPU (MemIO) 75 C
GPU (Shader) 74 C

GPU Fan Speed at 64%

my event log shows :

Event ID 6008 / 41 / 3 / 1101 / 7000 / 7000 after the restart today for example

i looked some of them up but i still don't know from that what the problem really is

im running windows 7 64 bit with a AMD Phenom 955 4x / 2x8GB 1600 ram / radeon hd 5850

what could be the problem ? motherboard or power supply or something else?

i currently cant try any of those i would need to buy them

thx for any advice

Ro0ster

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Freezes like this that I've experienced are typically attributed to heat issues. You appear to have some significant jumps in temp but nothing that would warrant a shutdown. Something that was missing from the list of things done is cleaning the heat sinks on the CPU and GPUs. Any kind of dust there will act like a insulation and mess things up. Another thing to look at would be your PSU. Make sure you have enough wattage to support the GPUs...that too can contribute to freezes.

exaven

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
@ Ro0ster oh yeah i forgot to write that down the first thing i did was actually clean up the pc as i had an overheating problem a year or so ago and it was just the fans where full of dust but i did that too this time

@ simon12 hmm should i try to improve the cooling somehow buy a new fan for the cpu perhaps ? it was enough for the last 2 years is it possible it isn't now

same with my PSU (Seasonic SS-400ET) it was enough for the last 2 years and i didn't change any hardware and didn't overclock before this started but i will try the PSU it seems logical there could be something wrong with that

one more question shouldn't the GPU fan go up higher then just form 60 to 64% on that kind of heat jump ? should i put in manually higher on 100% perhaps all the time would that be ok ?

thx

Though the graphics card can handle much higher temps the high idle temps make me think the case cooling may be the issue try running with the side of the case off and recheck the temps. The GPU fan does not need to run over 60% unless the temp gets over mid 80s , my old Radeon 4890 used to run into the mid 90s all the time though did die after around 4 years.

exaven

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
i got the CPU temp down to 52 under pressure yesterday didn't help i tried a different PSU and it looked like its working funny enough when i switched my old PSU back it worked as well but on these two test i only had 1 of my 3 hard drives connected then i tried to add one (restart) then i removed it and added the other (restart) then i only left one (restart) :D so i guess i need to replace the power supply hopefully only that :D Lucky its the cheapest fix :)

so i guess the 3 and a half year old PSU (400W only) is getting old and cant handle too much anymore

thx all of u ! :)

i will report back when i have the new PSU (600-650W)