Connecting multiple sources to 2 displays

Geometry

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
So I'm going to have a setup with 2 monitors, and I'm confused as to how I will be able to connect everything to them. I will have my Desktop with a GTX770 4GB, which I want connected to both monitor #1 and #2. Next up, I am going to want my Xbox 360 connected to monitor #2. And I will also be hooking up my PS4 and Xbox One to monitor #2 once I get my hands on them. I will also want my Desktop hooked up to my TV which has an HDMI and VGA port. Currently, I only have monitor #1 which consists of 1 HDMI and VGA port as well. I will be using monitor #1 for only my PC and games I play on it. Monitor #2 will be for my consoles and also for my PC. I would also like everything in 1080p, so how would I go about wiring everything up? I want to purchase any splitters, adapters,etc before hand so I am ready to go when I get my setup going. I don't want to switch cables every time I want to use something else; I would just like to be able to switch modes. Just in case you aren't aware, All 3 consoles have HDMI out and my GTX770 has 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, 1 DVI-D, and 1 DVI-I out. On the other hand, my monitor only has 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA. I still need to purchase my second monitor, but it will most likely have 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. I hope this makes sense, because I'm really confused on how I would go about hooking everything up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Solution
What you are looking for is called a KVM switch. You plug your Xbox, PC, PS4 into that, plug the KVM Switch to your monitors and you will be able to switch display inputs easily.