Maximized files go beyond the viewable area on my extended HDTV monitor

LHircock

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I'm using a 39" HDTV as an extended monitor to my HP Elitebook. When I open a file, such as a spreadsheet, and view it on the HDTV, I want to maximize the size on the screen, but when I click on th maximize button the image goes beyond the viewable limits of the screen. I cannot figure out how to change setting for the extended HDTV monitor so that the files will display to fit the screen only. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows7.

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
For AMD: Right Click your Desktop > Click "AMD VISION Engine Control Center" > in the Menu on the left side click on the "My Digital Flat-Panels" to drop down the options.

Since i am on DVI it does not show Overscan for me, but i'm used to dealing with it daily as PC to HDTV via HDMI does this almost routinely. I used to connect to my monitor via HDMI, but went back to DVI, less hassle.

LHircock

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

Unfortunately I do not see either NVIDIA or AMD when I open up the display in control panel. What am I missing?

LHircock

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

Nothing like you listed comes up when I right click on the Desktop. Is there something I am missing?

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

is your GFX card by AMD? nVidia? Intel?
what i have explained is for AMD GFX cards, the nVidia control panel will be similar up to the actual program, however, i have NO clue for Intel based Graphics