Upgrade Ram/Memory or Discard Completely

Christopher Zerafa

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Hi.

I have an Acer Aspire 3935 with the following: Core 2 Duo P8600 - Centrino 2 - RAM 4 GB - HDD 320 GB.

I am interested in either upgrading my Ram to 8Gb or changing the memory to 128GB SSD.

What would give a better performance boost? And what to expect? Or would it make more sense to simply discard completely and get a new laptop.

Regards,

Chris

DarylEPerez

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
SSD only helps on booting, gaming, etc but not on overall performance like Rendering, extracting files, playing 1080p+ files, etc. So, I guess you would have to discard. Your system is pretty much outdated already. I mean, I gotta be honest lol... CPU does that job aside of the ram, but having 8GB of ram paired up with that CPU will not really give you noticeable performance..

Give me a budget and I would link you to a system you would pretty much be fine with, and describe what your needs are, what are you looking towards to when it comes to a computer...

DarylEPerez

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013

Oh, good eyes lol.. As I've said on my previous post, he's pretty much outdated. To be honest, don't trow money on your system in any sense, throw money on a new system.

TRENDING THREADS