Dell Dimension E510 Upgrade

Backxi

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I want to upgrade this computer to where it can at least play WarZ at decent FPS on low settings.

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Processor:
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Mainboard:
Dell Inc. 0HJ054

Ram:
512 Mb

Video Card:
RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory [Display adapter]
Default Monitor

I said I wanted to upgrade this and I was kind of hoping only for a ram and video card upgrade. To my understandings I could upgrade to 64 bit Windows 7 (don't know if it works that way) so I can maximize my ram to not only 4 but 8 gigs. I was only hoping to upgrade to 4 but thought about upgrading to 8 gigs later when I have the money.

As for the video card I was hoping to not go over a $100 because of budget limit. I was kind of hoping to buy this card but didn't know if it was compatible to what I have.

EVGA 01G-P3-1312-LR GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

As you can see it's only about $35 so I thought about it.

Now I want to hear your guy's opinion about this. By the way just enough to play WarZ on low settings for $100 or lower. With decent FPS too. Thanks.

WarZ System Requirements
CPU: 2.4 GHz Quad Core CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz quad core or better RAM: 4 GB OS: Windows Vista / Windows 7 (enhanced for 64-bit OS) Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850) Sound Card: Yes Free Disk Space: 3 GB

swilczak

Distinguished
It's very unlikely that you motherboard will support a quad core CPU. I'm sure you could install a core 2 duo which would be better but not enough to play the game that you mentioned. Even if your motherboard did support a core 2 quad, you would have to pick one up on ebay or amazon used and people are usually asking about $200 for them so it wouldn't really be worth it for you.