Rumor: Xbox One to Launch November 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If.. and thats a very big if, I wanted the xbox one, I'd wait for a kinect-free package to try to save a little coin. As it is, the kinect is something I'd never use, so I'd have to come up with a place to store it. No thanks. I'd rather have a 2nd controller.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
It'll be interesting regardless of when both consoles launch.

Xbox had the jump on the PS3 when they were released, nearly an entire year. This time around both will launch (most likely) within a window of about a month.

May the best console platform win.

Either way I'm just happy that both Sony and MIcrosoft will have platforms closer to a computer then the last console generation. Hopefully we won't have as many bad ports as we are used to.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Even though I'll be getting an Xbox One, this really doesn't affect me since the Day One Editions are sold out already. It'll be sometime in 2014 before I can actually find one in retail stores probably. I will be preordering the Day One edition of Dead Rising 3 though, even if it'll be an unplayable game until I can actually find the console somewhere.

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Amazon added this to my order three days ago: Delivery Estimate: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 by 8:00pm
Several weeks ago amazon updated the PS4 deliver date to the 15th of November right around when Sony made the announcement. I'm thinking a Nov. 27th release date is likely.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
i was an xbox fan now i'm switching to sony. sorry ms, but sony's ps4 is a better deal all around. no having you use Kinect, much more powerful gpu and 100 dollars less. Not to mentions they are going to leave a form of backwards compatibility with ps3 titles up to gaming companies, where you wont' offer it at all.

Callam Kitcher

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
They have allready said you dont have to use kinect! Depending on how you look at it its not that much of a saving if down the line you decide you want to use the updated move controller bamm cost you extra.The ps4 BC is a added service unless this was changed which they havent said if it will be free or not.To be honest no BC with the one dosent bother me ill just keep my 360.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I think most would agree that the XBone needs to come out first. A few days isn't alot, but it's still first.

Callam Kitcher

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
last time i checked day one xbox one is out of stock in alot of stores yet nowhere is out of ps4's, Also alot of one users have held off till the bundles were announced which happened this week.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
@fatboytyler The PS4 did take an early lead, but Sony's lead isn't that huge. Since Gamescom, the Xbox One has been ahead of the PS4 on Amazon's Daily bestsellers chart, and it has also gained significantly on the PS4 in Amazon's country specific charts for Canada, UK, France, and Germany. Several Xbox One games have now made it onto VGChartz US Top 40 preorder charts (plus the Xbox One version of CoD: Ghosts has nearly overtaken the PS4 version). Microsoft is clearly gaining ground finally, now that they've reversed several controversial policies and had a good Gamescom showing, if they can keep up this momentum, they could come close to catching up to Sony by November.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

My resources were from multiple Gamestop Managers whom informed me that especially at Gamestop PS4 preorders are 5 to 1 to the XBone.

I still feel like Microsoft is going to have heating issues and that the system will not live up to what they claim it will do.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
@fatboytyler If either of the consoles is going to have overheating issues, it'll be the PS4. It's 50% smaller, has far less vents, plus an internal power supply and a more powerful GPU creating extra heat. The Xbox One has an external power brick, so no extra heat from a PSU, it has vents on half the top, both sides, and the back, and it has a large CPU cooler over the SoC which is directly underneath the top vents (take a look at the pictures from when the Xbox One was taken apart http://images.anandtech.com/doci/6972/20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-014.jpg ). Assuming you put the Xbox One on a shelf that's fairly open, especially above the top vent, there shouldn't be any overheating issues at all.

2gstyle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
@shikamaru31789

Again you are wrong. The PS4 isn't anymore likely to overheat than the XBO since they both use a system to keep them from overheating. In fact XBO is the only one to not release operating temps yet and the PS4 runs at a cool 35c max and that is been passed thru FCC.

gity69

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
@fatboytyler
Ah as I assumed, since neither company has released any real data people are relying on anecdotal data to fabricate pointless claims. Unless you know every Gamestop manager in North America a few impressions don't have any real statistical value.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
@gity69
These managers have been in contact with multiple stores across the states and its all the same story...

Doesn't really matter though. The actual release and real world performance is what makes companies gain headway.

@shikamaru31789
The PS3 had essentially identical hardware as the 360 and an internal power supply, yet it had not heating issues. The 360 couldn't stay cool or quiet to save a life. Lets face it, the power brick is bulky and loud. Almost twice as loud as my PC running everything at 100%. So by claiming the PS4 is more likely to overheat is a very uneducated comment. Microsoft has to prove that they fixed the heating issues which they have yet to do.

I guess all our questions will be answered in a few months.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
@2gstyle When did I say that MS didn't make a mistake out of the gate, I specifically said that the PS4 got an early lead. Those are the year so far charts, not the daily charts. Since Gamescom, the Xbox One has had the lead on Amazon's daily charts (the PS4 Standard Edition hasn't been on Amazon's Daily charts at all for several days, while the Xbox One standard edition is hovering in the 20's), and has gained some on the daily charts for Canada, UK France, and Germany. My point was that the Xbox One is now gaining on the PS4, not that it is has passed the PS4.

I'm skeptical about Sony's 35 celcius claim. The PS4 has mid-level PC hardware including an internal power supply, in a smaller than Mini-ITX case, and the only vents are on the back with a very tiny vent under a lip on one side. I'll believe it only when people get there hands on it and run their own tests. If it does run that cool, it's bound to be at the expense of much higer fan speeds, which means it'll be noisy. The Xbox One on the other hand is said to run whisper quiet, even when gaming, by multiple industry journalists that have got to see the Xbox One running in a quiet room.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Lol that's all fine, but consider that the PS4 will hit most other countries by the first quarter of 2014...in India, the PS4 probably going to be a late December early-Jan release, compared to the late 2014 release for the Xbone.

I has sources ;)

(seriously).

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
Given the reputation Microsoft has had on xbox hardware, I think they have to PROVE that their hardware won't overheat or have issues over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.