Upgrading suggestions and help!!

gebgraff

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hey guys, I built a computer a few years ago, and am wanting to upgrade again. Yet I am not really sure where to go. I know i need to get a new mobo before anything, and new cpu, and more ram. But I'm just not sure which make/models would be good. I don't want to spend too much at all, so basically I just want to upgrade the most important things first for now. I want a new gpu, but again, I'm not entirely sure what to do. If i should buy another 6870 and crossfire them, or if i should just get a whole new card in general (or two of them) and crossfire those. I'll try and add some basic specs on here. Thanks !

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: G31M-ES2L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

-Radeon 6870.
1 gig of memory.

gebgraff

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
haha. I guess my wording was a little off. I was describing my eventual goal. right now, probably only want to spend a few hundred bucks. So i want to upgrade the most important thing first. I'm just not sure what to do. Especially about the graphics card. If i should skip crossfiring the 6870 and jump to a better card, then crossfire with the new card later on. but I need a new mobo if I want to crossfire, I only have 1 pci slot i believe. and it also doesnt have the pin count for the newer cpu's. btw, thanks for the reply outlander!