How to Select wich NIC uses for internet

DJKaufKauf

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hello All! I am a student at a university, and i have some networking issues.. the wireless internet connection at said university is verry slow compared to the wired connection, however, i have a "server" and printer i want to share with my roommate on his computer. i had an old router sitting around so i have it setup wired into my printer and server.
My plan is to connect wireless to the router to have my printing abilities, and stay wired into the schools network for fast internet, but when i connect to the router, it wants to use the non-present internet connection there instead of the Ethernet.. any suggestions on how to "favor" what connection access the internet? thanks in advance!

jammersat

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
You can disable your wireless network interface in the device manager , but as far as i've tried windows 7 and 8 favor wired ethernet over wireless

DJKaufKauf

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

so there is no way to be connected to the two simultaneously? it would be more continent to me to be able to print stuff with out having to disable/re-enable cards to print an online document..
my problem is when i connect to the router (wireless) my internet stops working on my Ethernet connection, and sence there is no internet on my router, i cannot connect to the internet