Computer flashed and now wont start, after inserting new GPU.

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Upgraded my RAM, PSU and GPU and installed an SSD. After installing the ram, psu and SSD I installed windows 7, and everything worked fine. When it was done, I inserted the GPU (A GTX 780) and my LEDs and everything flashed, and it shut down. Now, it won't start up. Tried jump starting the PSU, and it works fine. Help?

The RAM is 2400 mhz Kingston HyperX beast, PSU is Corsair AX 760, GPU is GTX 780, mobo is an asus p8z77-v LX and running an i5-3570k.

Also put in a corsair h100i, but doubt that'd have anything to do with it..

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Nope. It won't even power up. However, the PSU seems to work, it powers up when I jumpstart it.

When you jump start do you mean shorting the pin to have the power supply run. Or do you mean pressing the button on your motherboard to get it to start. Also, try it with your old ram and see if it boots.

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

The ram ran fine for a good 20 minutes before I shut it down and put in the GPU.

I mean shorting the pin, there's no button on my mobo to turn it on.

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Did as you said and put in my old ram, still nothing. It's not even powering up. It's not the PSU though, because it powers up when I short the pin. I've no clue what to do with this.

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

To be honest, I'm getting worried it might be a motherboard issue. You know any ways to check this? The little green lamp on the mobo is lighting up when the PSU is turned on

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

I've already pulled out that little battery thing, that's the cmos right? Anyway I pulled it out, and fit it back in. Should I try replacing it?

Their is the battery and normally a switch on your motherboard where you need to move the switch over to reset. I'd look in your manual about it because I couldn't find it by zooming into your motherboard on newegg.

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

There is no switch. The only switch on my mobo is the GPU boost switch, and a button saying "MemOK"

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

You mean the front panel reset switch?

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Yea.. But what switch are we talking about? I can't look for it in the manual as I've no clue what i'm supposed to look for :(

Darkenager

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Figured it out! I had pulled off the jumper and not thought anymore of it, realized that while looking through the manual. Put it back on, it powers up now. Thanks A LOT for the help, dude, if it wasn't for you I'd never have realized.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out man good work!