Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer - is it the same with windows 7 default driver ???

negro wolf

Honorable
May 22, 2013
i did , disabled onboard sound card , do an uninstall to its software , used cclean and driver sweeper from safe mode
i tried the official creative xtreme gamer driver and pax driver , each i did the same steps before , clean everything and registry from safe mode first .
BUT
Still getting this annoying The device cannot start (Code 10) in the device manager . and no sound comes out of the card

but also , if i uninstalled everything and restarted windows " windows 7 64 bit "
the windows detect always the card automatically as high definition audio
and it is working ok with the windows default driver , also 4.1 speakers of mine works fine

so i am confused and don't know what am i really missing with the official driver , rather than windows driver .... ???

or there is anything i can do to make creative official driver works ?

please help me

thanks

negro wolf

Honorable
May 22, 2013

i tried that my friend , but didnt work also , i wonder what will i loose without creative driver , working with default windows driver , eax will not work ? or what ?

iwanboller

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
yeah you will lose customization for your sound card through creative software. maybe you got a bad card. problems i encountered with my sound card is sometime it disappear from device playback list resulting no sound. did you install from CD ? sometime they have bad cd like scratches.

negro wolf

Honorable
May 22, 2013

i dont have the CD , i downloaded the driver from creative site , i think if the card is bad
it wont be working good now through windows default driver , where i can use all of its ports and hear sound
but i think i will lose maybe EAX or other options of the card , i dont know !!

negro wolf

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Finally I discovered the Problem after two days of Hardwork , i discovered that my Card is " Creative SoundBlaster XiFi Xtreme Gamer SB0770 " Which is An OEM Card made by creative to alienware company , and no official driver is supported by Creative to this Card
from thier website , but i found it on a nother website and now working perfect .

http://driverbiggershares.blogspot.com/2012/07/creative-x-fi-xtreme-gamer-sb0770.html

thanks for everyone who tried to help me .