PSU popped after trying to start the pc

Karol Majcher

Honorable
May 3, 2013
my pc with a corsair cx750 decided to pop today whils i was finishing up my build.
acording to a few wattage calculators my wattage is well above what i needed. I ran the motherboard without the case on a bench twice before putting it in the case flawlessly. When turning it on the pc would turn on all the fans for literally a second and immediatley shut down so i decided to remove the CMOS battery and put it back in still nothing. i removed the ram and reseated it. i removed the graphics hard and tried to boot but still with no succes so i decided to try booting one more time after checking that ALL the connections were in place and thats when my powerunit whend POP with a small flash.
My specs are:
MSI LGA1155/Intel B75/DDR3/SATA3 USB 3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard B75MA-P45
Corsair CX750 PSU
8GB of ram
I3 ivy bridge processor
corsair H100I water cooling
Zalman z11 plus HF1 case
1TB HDD
650 TI evga graphics card

Karol Majcher

Honorable
May 3, 2013

ive rma the powerunit before i plugged it into the system it worked but now im a bit scared to even fiddle with it
could it have been something with the motherboard that caused it or a plug and is there a way of checking it

Could if have been possibly. Whats more then likely the issue is that something within the components within the power supply unit went wrong.

Karol Majcher

Honorable
May 3, 2013

so according to you its 99% the powerunit if so im gonna try replace it with a cheap one and if this wont work ill get back to you ill try to replace it in the next 2-3 days

no its a bad idea to replace a PSU with a cheaper PSU.