Question about some lag I've been having

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hi there, I have a gtx 670 and a i5 3570k. I was wondering if it is normal to lag in game while watching videos. I have 2 monitors connected: primary one is 1920x1080 and the other is 1600x900. Both monitors are @ 60 HZ and connected via DVI. I appreciate any help I can get!

Solution
It must be your internet, I do not see any logical explanation. Are your drivers updated? Even if they weren't updated, the CPU would take care of that. What is your CPU clocked at? Have you tried disabling Intel speedstep?

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Sometimes it will be streams and sometimes movies that I own. My fps doesn't react, but its clearly noticable when playing. It looks like my frames are being impacted.

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Sometimes it will be streams and sometimes movies that I own. My fps doesn't react, but its clearly noticable when playing. It looks like my frames are being impacted.

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I think my connection is fine. In WoW, I am generally at 45-50ms at all times. This seems more like a performance while watching videos. I was just wondering if it should impact my performance with the caliber of card that I have.

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
It must be your internet, I do not see any logical explanation. Are your drivers updated? Even if they weren't updated, the CPU would take care of that. What is your CPU clocked at? Have you tried disabling Intel speedstep?

Solution

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Cpu is at stock clocks; 3.4. I've disabled speed step and still no difference. I monitored both of my cpu and gpu clocks and neither down clock. I've investigated flash player as a culprit, turning on and off hardware excel. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I do, however; appreciate your help, Jonathan.

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Sorry, I just reread everything that's been said, when you say lag in game, you mean watching a video at the same time right? It could actually be RAM, I use Chrome and it uses roughly halve a gigabyte of RAM, and its highly resource demanding.

itwut

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Yes, streaming video or watching a movie or show on a codec (VLC). They have pretty much the same reaction. I was informed that flash uses hardware acceleration when it is not needed. I have tried turning it off, but to no avail.

I actually have 8 gigs of vengeance ram. According to task manager, I end up using roughly 3.5 gigs during a session of playing a game and watching video. I could run memtest to make sure everything is ok. The only this is that I don't have any performance issues to speak of outside of this.

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

I really cant think of what it'd be, a bit to ask, but fraps when its free can download up to 30 seconds at a time, could you record what happens for a few seconds, and upload it to youtube or something?

TRENDING THREADS