Sign in with
Your question

PC passes POST but reboots before BIOS [solved]

Last response: in CPUs
August 29, 2013 10:09:53 PM

I built my own pc and it has worked fine for months. I installed a new cpu/fan and it would not boot. I changed the fan power supply and system fan, and it booted, but did not recognize my graphics card. When I rebooted it, it passed post, but it rebooted itself before I could get to BIOS. I don't have enough thermal grease to put the old cpu back in to check if it would work. I would like to know what is the most likely problem before I buy a new motherboard/CPU/PSU off the internet.
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2013 7:53:21 AM

natemiddleman said:
I built my own pc and it has worked fine for months. I installed a new cpu/fan and it would not boot. I changed the fan power supply and system fan, and it booted, but did not recognize my graphics card. When I rebooted it, it passed post, but it rebooted itself before I could get to BIOS. I don't have enough thermal grease to put the old cpu back in to check if it would work. I would like to know what is the most likely problem before I buy a new motherboard/CPU/PSU off the internet.

gotta post your system specs. i can think of a million reasons why but, your system specs will help narrow down the problem.
!