mini-itx build, cooling issues?

farm3rb0b

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on building a mini-itx in the next few months to use for some gaming and casual media stuff (minor video editing, pictures, music). I've seen the new Cooler Master Elite 130 and really like and am thinking about going with some of the following:

i5-4670 (the k version is similar in price right now, but I'm not sure how much good overclocking would do me)
GTX660 (or 660Ti if the prices are similar)
128 gb ssd (mostly for the OS...never done a dual HD system before though...)
500GB/1TB hdd (Not sure how much I need for video editing if I'm going to compress it asap...and I have an external....)
I'll probably go Windows 8, though I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. I hate new OS when they first come out.

My biggest concern is cooling. I need the SFF case for my limited space but I know temps may be an issue. I've never done liquid cooling before, so any advice there would be great. I also do not know if the fans in the CM case are enough or if I'd need to supplement in any way. I'd get a GPU with fans onboard, so hopefully it wouldn't need any extra cooling.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on the specs, using ssds with hdds, or cooling. I'm trying to keep this entire build around the $1k mark...preferably under $1,500 once I add a monitor or two.