wireless card reads, but doesnt connect

heyman816

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I have a custom pc build running Windows 8 pro 64 bit and I'm using A Rosewill n600pce wireless card, and it worked fine at first, but now it is having issues. When I turn on my computer it can read all of the available networks with no issues, but it will not let me connect. When I try to connect to my WiFi it says it can't connect. Ice already disabled all antivirus/malware/spyware/etc products and it won't let me connect.

Kent_Diego

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
If it worked then quit working it is likely a hardware failure. As a test, turn off the wireless security in router and see if it will connect then. This will rule out a SW, PW or configuration issue.

blackcell989

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
When you mentioned that you can read all available networks, how many networks do you see? And how are the signal strengths of each of them? Those signals that you see may interfere with your home network's signal. Try logging into your wireless router and changing the channel to something else. And see if your computer is able to connect to your wireless network.

heyman816

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Is there anything else I could do from my end? Mybrother who prspractically loves out of his room has the router, won't tell me the password, and has NO intent to help me.