Need an anawer FAST!!!!!! problem installing aftermarket heatsink onto moherboard

tametanker

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I iam building a pc right now and i am stuck on screwing coolermaster hyper 212 evo into asus m597a r2.0 moherboard.
I got the standoffs back plate(green or gray side facing the back of the amoherboard) and bolts for tigtening standoffs onto the mobo. I applied thermal paste onto the cpu and placed coolermaster cooler with a rentention bracket in the middle nto the cpu.
I screwed a screw on the bracket into one stand off not tight at all just to hold it in place
BUT the screws on the opposite side of the bracket then floats 2cm above the standoff below it.
I cant screw it in any possible way i tried adjysting retention bracket and so on...
if i try to force screw the opposite ones its as if there would be too much pressure on the cpu. Its even hard fir the screw to reach the standoff
Whats thise 4 screws that came with the heatsink that i dont seem to be needing?
Someone please help ineed an answer right away

tametanker

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I actually reassembled the bracket and had easier time putting the screw in but still with a quite amount of force as to i belive could have damafed cpu but once installed i was ablw to wriggle the heatsink easily within thw boundaries of the bracket ia thia normal?

TRENDING THREADS