auto, manual offset, adaptive

Last response: in Overclocking
August 30, 2013 11:43:25 PM

for vcore which is the best?
a c 156 K Overclocking
August 31, 2013 9:35:56 AM

xHiZoR9 said:

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to OC? What MB? What CPU? What have you tried so far?

August 31, 2013 10:55:16 AM

Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to OC? What MB? What CPU? What have you tried so far?

well i went fr a 4.7 oc and i am currently using manual voltage because it wont start if i try offset or adaptive. im using a asus maximus vi hero mobo and a i5-4670k processor. voltage at 1.37 and im using a h100i
Related resources
a c 156 K Overclocking
August 31, 2013 11:05:48 AM

xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:

well i went fr a 4.7 oc and i am currently using manual voltage because it wont start if i try offset or adaptive. im using a asus maximus vi hero mobo and a i5-4670k processor. voltage at 1.37 and im using a h100i

Well, if it doesn't run in adaptive or offset, it looks like you have answered your own question. However, I am puzzled as to why adaptive would not work. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

1.37 volts sounds a bit on the high side. Have you tried to use lower voltage? What are your temperatures during stress testing?

Yogi

August 31, 2013 11:20:56 AM

Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:

Well, if it doesn't run in adaptive or offset, it looks like you have answered your own question. However, I am puzzled as to why adaptive would not work. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

1.37 volts sounds a bit on the high side. Have you tried to use lower voltage? What are your temperatures during stress testing?

Yogi

i have lol crashed at 1.365 volts and my temps during stress tests is under 85 celcius with like occasional spikes to 90 which is like once every 20-30 mins maybe even longer idle is like 31-40 celcius. it isnt that bad of temps esp for a haswell chip i believe
a c 156 K Overclocking
August 31, 2013 11:32:33 AM

xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:

Yogi

i have lol crashed at 1.365 volts and my temps during stress tests is under 85 celcius with like occasional spikes to 90 which is like once every 20-30 mins maybe even longer idle is like 31-40 celcius. it isnt that bad of temps esp for a haswell chip i believe

Temps do sound normal for Haswell.

Where are you reading your voltage? BIOS? Utility?

August 31, 2013 11:50:09 AM

Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:
Y0GI said:
xHiZoR9 said:

Yogi

Temps do sound normal for Haswell.

Where are you reading your voltage? BIOS? Utility?

in bios i set it to 1.70 it increases it to 1.392 though under load and even when its not under load but with my temps i think it should be fine idk lol im new to this
!