Is it better to turn my homebuilt gaming computer on or off when I'm not around?

Blazelc

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I recently put together a gaming-ish PC, and I'm curious, should I be leaving it on when I'm away from it for 2-4 days once a week, or is it fine to have it on the entire time I'm gone? Yes, I am rather worried about electricity bill, and I know that it will add to it, but how much?
The specs: (may have forgotten a few brand names and what not...)
CPU: AMD FX - 6350
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 OC edition
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
Mobo: Biostar TA970
HDD: Western Digital.... Something like that. 1TB
Optical Drive: It's an LG from Bestbuy, that's all I know
Cooling System: Cooler Master Seidon 120M Water Cooler
RAM: G-Skill RIPJAWS 2x4GB

Yes, I do realize that the PSU is definitely past the wattage I need as of now, but in the future I was looking to get another MSI GTX 760 and maybe a 250 GB SSD. I was trying to sort of 'future proof' my PC. Please let me know if it is or if it isn't ok to leave it on for an extended amount of time.

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I don't think it would hurt the PC to leave it on for that long, but it will add a substantial amount to your electric bill especially considering that you won't be using it at all during that time. I would recommend leaving it off to save a bit of money on your electric bill, and also because if a storm comes through and a power surge hits your home, it could fry your PC since you wouldn't be there to turn it off when the storm came in.