verizon fios router

julsan

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Recently I started tuning off my Verizon fios router to save on electricity. One morning I got up and turn the router on, and it wouldn't boot. I spend like five or ten minutes trying to figure out why it wont boot. Eventally I figured it out

NOT A GOOD IDEA TURNING OFF THE ROUTER

Solution
lets put it this way....

actiontek router draws about 16w which translates to 0.016kwh.
in our local area electricity costs an average of around 9 cents per kwh.

to run the router for 1 hour would cost .144 cents or to say it another way it would cost about 1 cent to run it for 10 hours. to run the router 24/7/365 would cost you $12.61 in one years time.

a 100w lightbulb which is fairly common in homes draws .1kwh and at the same rate would cost you .9 cents for one hour. to run the bulb 24/7/365 would cost you $78.84 in one years time. also remember that the bulb costs more energy when it first starts up which would mean the bill would be slightly higher than this.

julsan

Honorable
May 20, 2013

lets put it this way....

actiontek router draws about 16w which translates to 0.016kwh.
in our local area electricity costs an average of around 9 cents per kwh.

to run the router for 1 hour would cost .144 cents or to say it another way it would cost about 1 cent to run it for 10 hours. to run the router 24/7/365 would cost you $12.61 in one years time.

a 100w lightbulb which is fairly common in homes draws .1kwh and at the same rate would cost you .9 cents for one hour. to run the bulb 24/7/365 would cost you $78.84 in one years time. also remember that the bulb costs more energy when it first starts up which would mean the bill would be slightly higher than this.

Solution