Sign in with
Your question

Problem with my 1st Build. In desperate need of help.

Last response: in CPUs
August 31, 2013 2:58:26 PM

Hey all,

My Build
Gigabyte Z87X-UDH4 Motherboard
i5-4670k
GTX 760
2x4g RAM
WD blue HDD
LG ODD

So I just finished my first build and I'm having some real issues that are getting incredibly frustrating. When I first powered it up it did not got to POST, simply gave me a "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" error, and an AE error on my motherboard's LED screen, which is boot to legacy OS. I tried various fixes, and nothing worked. Then I disconnected all SATA connections from the board and got the BIOS. When I plugged the SATA devices back in, the BIOS wasn't recognizing them. I decided to restart the comp and see if it would recognize them afterwards, and it decided to go back to the AE error etc. I tried to clear the CMOS by reseating the motherboard battery but that didn't do anything. I tried unplugging the GPU, HDD, and ODD and booting back up (a suggested fix) and it wouldn't turn on at all. It won't turn after plugging them back in either. I've checked all connections and everything is plugged in, it just won't do anything. I'm now totally at a loss as to what I should do and am really frustrated. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Derek
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2013 3:02:01 PM

dmdordan said:
Hey all,

My Build
i5-4670k
GTX 760
2x4g RAM
WD blue HDD
LG ODD

So I just finished my first build and I'm having some real issues that are getting incredibly frustrating. When I first powered it up it did not got to POST, simply gave me a "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" error, and an AE error on my motherboard's LED screen, which is boot to legacy OS. I tried various fixes, and nothing worked. Then I disconnected all SATA connections from the board and got the BIOS. When I plugged the SATA devices back in, the BIOS wasn't recognizing them. I decided to restart the comp and see if it would recognize them afterwards, and it decided to go back to the AE error etc. I tried to clear the CMOS by reseating the motherboard battery but that didn't do anything. I tried unplugging the GPU, HDD, and ODD and booting back up (a suggested fix) and it wouldn't turn on at all. It won't turn after plugging them back in either. I've checked all connections and everything is plugged in, it just won't do anything. I'm now totally at a loss as to what I should do and am really frustrated. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Derek

Are you inserting a windows OS while booting up? If not do it and it should fix your problem. Also you might be plugging in the cables to the wrong places in the motherboard. Just sit back and relax and pull up a tutorial on youtube. Hope this helps
August 31, 2013 3:19:45 PM

RazerZ said:
dmdordan said:
Hey all,

My Build
i5-4670k
GTX 760
2x4g RAM
WD blue HDD
LG ODD

Thanks,
Derek

Are you inserting a windows OS while booting up? If not do it and it should fix your problem. Also you might be plugging in the cables to the wrong places in the motherboard. Just sit back and relax and pull up a tutorial on youtube. Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I haven't received my OS yet, I just wanted to finish the build and see if it would get up and running as I got the disk drive today which was the last part. That might fix the error messages I'm getting. But as of now nothing will even turn on. I'm sure it should because it was turning on not 30 minutes ago, and now nothing happens when I hit the power button. I don't know what to do to troubleshoot that.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2013 3:23:23 PM

dmdordan said:
RazerZ said:
dmdordan said:
Hey all,

My Build
i5-4670k
GTX 760
2x4g RAM
WD blue HDD
LG ODD

Thanks,
Derek

Thanks for your reply. I haven't received my OS yet, I just wanted to finish the build and see if it would get up and running as I got the disk drive today which was the last part. That might fix the error messages I'm getting. But as of now nothing will even turn on. I'm sure it should because it was turning on not 30 minutes ago, and now nothing happens when I hit the power button. I don't know what to do to troubleshoot that.

If its not turning on make sure the PSU is connected correctly.

August 31, 2013 3:26:19 PM

RazerZ said:
dmdordan said:
RazerZ said:
dmdordan said:
Hey all,

My Build
i5-4670k
GTX 760
2x4g RAM
WD blue HDD
LG ODD

Thanks,
Derek

If its not turning on make sure the PSU is connected correctly.

Ok I've checked everything connected to the PSU and the connection from the PSU to the wall. Everything is snugly in place.
!