unable to resolve RAM issuee

Umair143

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hello PPL....

Hope some1 has got solutions to dis thing...!!!

Processor:- AMD Fx - 8120 Eight core processor 3.10Ghz Motherboard:- ASUS M5A97 Memory:- G. Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (4096x2) Graphic Card:- Asus EAH6850 (1GBDDR5) DiectCU Hard Diak:- 1 TB Seagate OS:- Windows 7Ultimate 64-bit

In my system am unable to use my 8gb ram my system shows (3.95gb) usable...

I have installed WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 Bit....

The time when i go in my BIOS over der i can see one memory chip listed 4gb ddr3 1666Mhz....
AND
If I lower the speed of the ram from 1600Mhz to 800 MHz ... And I save it and reboot its shows 8gb in bios.... I BOOT UP MY PC click on system properties is shows only 8gb thats it no usable noting... And after some time like when I play any game like NFS or any other game anything in the middle a beautiful BLANK blue screen come which saya error xx000.... sumthing sumthing dumping memory... then!!!! to stop this unwillingly I change the ramm speed to 1600MHz and reboot then evrything runs fine... I also went in Advance options in Northern Bridge settings over der in can see both the Ram installed Like Slot 2:-4gb and and slot 4:4GB...

I google'd this thing a lot but i didnt get this issue resolved...

reading the tech forums i tried doing few thing like MSCONFIG>advance > and bla bla bla... Also played with my motherboard jumper settings but dont know what 2 do...

I checked all the ram slots inserting one single ram at a time its working fine all the slots are perfect and both the ram run perfectly but the sad part I am unable to make use of my 8gb only (3.95gb usable)

plz help guys ....

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Do you have the latest bios? Get that, then try with a single stick in slot 1 - if it goes to BIOS/boots, it's OK then try the other - if OK also raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 and CPU/NB voltage to 1.2 save shut down and then try adding the the second stick and give it a whirl

Umair143

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

Yes i updated the Bios...and yes both the sticks individually works fine:) but i didnt got the voltage thing??:??:

Umair143

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

Did that but of no use now it just sayz 8gb in system properties its not showing the gb usable thing

TRENDING THREADS