Sign in with
Your question

Looking to build a custom water loop

Last response: in Components
August 31, 2013 4:54:25 PM

I currently have a corsair H80 but want to build my own water cooling i have a $300 maybe more i also want to cool my 670 (2) any recommendations? ive never built a water cooling system and i have a Cosmos II case.

I was thinking of this

http://www.svc.com/r750rs360.html
But i don't know how good this one is

and 2 of these

http://www.svc.com/rzr680.html

Thank you Fam
August 31, 2013 5:59:29 PM

So get that now and the GPU ones later?
Related resources
August 31, 2013 6:29:20 PM

tupacalypse said:
So get that now and the GPU ones later?

That would be my approach. Since I set your budget back a bit, add the graphics blocks as affordable (although that is a decent price I'd say)
August 31, 2013 7:59:59 PM

alright im gonna get that what about toobing does it come with it ? how would i know which to get , sorry im a newb on it
August 31, 2013 8:31:15 PM

tupacalypse said:
alright im gonna get that what about toobing does it come with it ? how would i know which to get , sorry im a newb on it

The kit comes with everything needed to cool a CPU including tubing (8') and compression fittings for the tubing which I believe are 7/16 ID - 5/8 OD but you would need to reference that elsewhere to be sure - I know I've seen it before but I can't find those numbers
August 31, 2013 9:51:56 PM

I would actually skip the CPU at this point and just go straight into water-cooling the GPU's.
Your budget wont let you cool both of them, so what I would do is water-cool the top one and overbuild the loop so including the 2nd one is just going to be a matter of buying and installing a block for it.

The CPU would be an easy upgrade from there.
September 1, 2013 12:25:50 AM

im confused so just buy everything except the CPU block?
September 1, 2013 2:26:17 AM

manofchalk said:
I would actually skip the CPU at this point and just go straight into water-cooling the GPU's.
Your budget wont let you cool both of them, so what I would do is water-cool the top one and overbuild the loop so including the 2nd one is just going to be a matter of buying and installing a block for it.

The CPU would be an easy upgrade from there.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that would be a more expensive route since I have not been able to source the parts cheaper than in the kits

September 1, 2013 5:28:01 AM

You would be straining the budget to take my option yes, but at least this way he isn't throwing out his existing H80i.
September 1, 2013 11:16:59 PM

o ok so im just gonna go for the 289 one then
!