Closed

Cooler Master Reveals Elite 130 Mini-ITX Enclosure

Cooler Master has announced a Mini-ITX enclosure that can house enthusiast hardware.

Cooler Master Reveals Elite 130 Mini-ITX Enclosure : Read more
20 answers Last reply
More about cooler master reveals elite 130 mini itx enclosure
  1. Looks good with a reasonable price tag.
  2. Complete agreement with the first comment!
  3. Oh and I kind of want one. I am about to upgrade from 2007
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't care for mesh much? I think it kinda looks tacky.
  5. mouse24 said:
    Am I the only one who doesn't care for mesh much? I think it kinda looks tacky.


    Yes, yes you are the only one that cares.

    That is a sexy case. IT literally has everything you could ask for, functionally speaking. All that AND it's only $50. That's pretty damn reasonable. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually.
  6. Does it have dust filters? It's not mentioned on the Cooler Master web site.
  7. i liked very much, looks a lot more professional and elegant than elite 120
  8. Time for the internal optical drive to go away on these small cases for other components or airflow.

    I love my optical drive, and use it regularly. But I can live with something external, if it meant better airflow for the main machine.
  9. Seems like a very good alternative to Silverstone SG07, with the freedom to choose the PSU and a lower price tag.
  10. I agree. Remove the optical drive bay. Just like the other commenter said, I use my optical drive more often then most people do now but I would much rather have better airflow. Maybe make the bay detachable and include an extra front mesh cover without the cutout?
  11. JPNpower said:
    Time for the internal optical drive to go away on these small cases for other components or airflow.

    I love my optical drive, and use it regularly. But I can live with something external, if it meant better airflow for the main machine.


    Anonymous said:
    I agree. Remove the optical drive bay. Just like the other commenter said, I use my optical drive more often then most people do now but I would much rather have better airflow. Maybe make the bay detachable and include an extra front mesh cover without the cutout?


    If you had gone to the website, you would find that that area doubles as space for 2 2.5" drives (IE, two SSDs or one SSD and a large Laptop size HD)

    If you put a 120mm radiator in the system, it doesn't leave a lot of room for multiple drives.

    That being said, you can produce a very powerful system in a small footprint with this case because of the 120mm raditor and ability to put a dual GPU card in it. This allows you to get a good overclock on your CPU and can drop 16 G of RAM in it (but that might be overkill). I made a good gaming machine using the Elite 120 (the older sibling of this case), but because it takes work to put a radiator in the 120, you're limited on how much power you can push, with the addition of the radiator, you can build a monster in a small footprint.

    I can very easily see Bit Fenix losing some market share in the SFF area (where the Prodigy sits) due to what Cooler Master did with their update for the E120 to the E130.
  12. This is an awesome case like a mini Haf Xb. I will go with one ssd, one msi lighting video card and msi motherboard ( I like mil specs) The mesh is great I wont even use an optical drive with a modular powersupply I will have a super clean build and cables. The Prodigy is junk so big for mini itx and a wobbly stand. This looks so clean, affordable and even a little military look to it. Great Job Coolermaster, if you could just shrink the Scout down to mini Itx size and keep the handle you then have the best lineup in the business. This is all you need for 99% of users, you can also buy a sugo bag for travel to carry it in. Also this is an easy case to organzie cables and to maintain
  13. Be cool if these were stack-able. I get two for redundancy and mess around with parallel computing!!! Now if only they made X79 ITX's ... or someone suggest something else? CPU/MOBO under $600 x 2 of course
  14. Looks great for the price
  15. Although this looks good, the Bitphoenix Prodigy still the best all around. Where else can you get a ITX case that can fit a 230mm fan and a 240 radiator at the same time and still use all the included HDD bays without chopping up the case with a dremel
  16. thundervore said:
    Although this looks good, the Bitphoenix Prodigy still the best all around. Where else can you get a ITX case that can fit a 230mm fan and a 240 radiator at the same time and still use all the included HDD bays without chopping up the case with a dremel


    The prodigy holds mini itx but is the same volume as a micro-atx tower...
  17. So it's the Elite 120 but with mesh and two USB 3.0 instead of just one? I love it! :D
  18. Cooler Master has an even smaller case available that is more of a cube with no optical drive bay. Is CM going to release the CM Elite 110 in the USA? They have a size comparison on their website comparing it to the CM Elite 120/130. Can we expect it to be sold in the USA?
  19. I like the bitfenix prodigy, but it is too large. May as well just get a MATX case. The handle on top is kind of nice but it could be smaller without the dumb handles on the bottom. A lot of people want a small case but not as small as a case a standard hard drive will not fit in. Not everyone needs a 1200 watt power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Cooler Master Do It Yourself Components