Preflight Checklist For My First Build! Input Welcome :).

taylor51

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hey all! I will be buying and building my first PC in the next week or so, and wanted to check in with some experts to make sure that my first build will go smoothly :).

Purchase Date: Thursday, September 6th
Budget: $1000 (pretty strict on this)
System Usage: Schoolwork, media center, gaming
Not buying a monitor, already have a copy of Windows 7

Case: Rosewill Challenger
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 TR-700
CPU/MB: i5-4670k+MSI Z87-G45
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaw X 8GB
GPU: GTX 760
System Drive (SSD): Samsung 840
Storage Drive (HDD): Seagate Barracuda 2TB
DVD Drive: ASUS something or rather lol

I'm also buying a wireless keyboard and mouse set online for 25 bucks that has to be counted against the budget. With all of Newegg's promotions and rebates, the whole thing should put me at 995 with free 2 day shipping on everything. Not a whole lot of room for change I suppose, but that's where I'm at haha.

So, basically, my request for everyone out there is to evaluate the build, make sure everything's compatible with one another (I'd like to say I'm reasonably knowledgeable but I wouldn't put it past me to have missed something; let's just say assume I'm incompetent in any advice giving situation :p), and maybe offer some instruction on anything else I'd need to buy to let me build the rig once everything gets here (extra cables, mountings not included, etc). If you can offer any changes or improvements I should make while staying on my budget, that would be cool too, but good luck working with that 5 bucks lol. I sure do appreciate any and all help!