My new ASUS G series computer won't send signal to monitor

russ2553

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I just purchased a new Asus G series desktop. After setting it up as described, which included plugging into my Samsung monitor, I get no signal to my monitor. I've tried various cables, HDMI, etc. which all work with other devices/computers, and still the monitor says "check signal cable," as if it's getting nothing from the computer. This is a new out of the box pc and ASUS wants me to send it in to them for service. Anyone advise what might be wrong? Never had a problem like this out of the box with a new pc before. I know my monitor works and is in good shape. Its also only a couple years old and supports HD.

Solution
You can call Asus and see if opening the case an reseating the video would void the warranty. Otherwise, I think you have no choice but to send it back. A small percentage of equipment fails, you just got unlucky.

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Is there any chance the motherboard has a video connector which is disabled and the video card is outputting a signal and you happened to pick the wrong connector?

Check to make sure the video card is fully seated in the motherboard.

russ2553

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I tried all the possible connections on the back of the pc with various cables that my monitor would accept using the ports Asus advises to use that go to the monitor. Assuming this is a brand new pc out of the box, I would assume that Asus would indicate the possibility that this would happen in their set up paperwork and advise somehow to make sure I had the connections correct.
Nothing special about how to set it up that I can see. No combination of cables will work with the monitor, and I know the monitor works because the dell desktop I have recognizes just fine.

russ2553

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I don't want to void the warranty by opening the tower. The PC brand spankin' new and ASUS wants me to send it in to the service dept. to have it repaired. Odd that a brand new PC that's supposed to be a killer machine needs immediate repair out of the box. Thought ASUS was a reliable brand? Thoughts?

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
You can call Asus and see if opening the case an reseating the video would void the warranty. Otherwise, I think you have no choice but to send it back. A small percentage of equipment fails, you just got unlucky.

Solution

excelguy

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I had the same issue with a computer that I bought from Future Shop. I paid for Future Shop to set the computer up, and I used a Samsung monitor that's a few years old. No boot up screen. I tried a second monitor, also a few years old, verified in working condition by using it on a second computer. Still no boot up screen. I brought it in to Future Shop, and the technician connected it successfully to his monitor. He said that the monitor is too old, and that the Asus is sending a signal a higher resolution -- so he offered to change the setting on the Asus so that my monitors would be compatible.