SSD Installed - Blue Screen of Death on Startup

machej

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. Basically I made a full clone of an HDD on a new Sandisk 256gb Ultra. The OS is 32 bit Vista Home. When I put the SSD into my Asus laptop it works fine and starts up as you'd expect. When I put it into my brothers L300 Toshiba (ancient) computer it gets to the windows loading and then it creates a crash dump 0x00000008E. It says the generic statement "A problem has been found and windows has been forced to shut down."

I assume it must be a hardware issue is the drive works perfectly on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

Som3one

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Just to make sure I got you right:
You had an HDD in your laptop as a boot drive. Then you cloned it to the SSD. In your laptop it works but when you put it into the PC, it won´t?

machej

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

I had an HDD in laptop 1 (Old Toshiba laptop) and I cloned it via a sata/USB to an SSD. When I put the SSD in laptop 2 it booted up perfectly, everything works as per normal (except some drivers but that's normal due to a new laptop). However when I put the SSD internally in laptop 1 it creates this startup issue.

Just one opinion here, but I suspect that Windows is BSoDing because the hardware configuration isn't the same anymore. I've experienced this before with a HDD to HDD clone.

machej

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

What was your remedy if you don't mind me asking? It was a clone with todo backup.

I hate to bearer of bad news, but I simply wiped it clean and reinstalled Windows.