Nvidia Optimus Detecting Intel HD instead of Dedicated Memory Card

fahadhum

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I am using a program called Nvidia Inspector to fix this issue with games such as Tomb Raider. But Grand Theft Auto 4 is giving me a hard time.I have tried everything, even Nvidia Inspector does not help in detecting Nvidia Graphics Card.I have an Acer Laptop with Optimus technology which seems to be the cause of this.I welcome any fix or solution.I can even try overclocking. I just want to run GTA 4 on my laptop...

fahadhum

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Thanx for your suggestion.I have not yet tried editing bios settings.I may be wrong or may be unaware,but from what i have read in several forums,DISABLING INTEL HDcard cause the screen to go black and afterwords we have to re install the drivers..Furthermore it also uninstalls the Dedicated memory drivers and we have to install them also..This was an incident happened to some user who tried to DISABLED his Intel HD card..

By the way,someone has suggested me a somewhat similar thins as yourself i.e through BIOS but it doesn't involves DISABLING anything rather ..rearranging something..i.e CHANGING "Onboard->PCI->PCI-E" TO "PCI-E->PCI->Onboard" in the Advance settings of BIOS..What do u think about this...

Raganark-1395617

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Yes if you have that option in your BIOS do that, but all BIOS's are different, some might have enable/disable options, others might have preferential options like the one your friend suggested. Go into your BIOS and at least have a look at what options you have. If you're unsure on something, don't change it, just ask here first and I'll let you know. But if you do have the option to change onboard to PCIe, then do it. PCIe is where the NVidia card will be, so make sure to give that top priority.

fahadhum

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
firstly i wanna thank you for helping me out man..
This is how my BIOS Advanced Options are looking like..
Boot priority Orders
1.HDD : WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1
2.ATAPI CD ROM SLIMTYPE DVD A DS8A5SH
3.USB FDD :
4.NETWORK BOOT : BRCM MBA SLOT 0200 V14.4.5
5.USB HDD
6.USB CDROM

What shall i do ....