Sign in with
Your question

I3 3240 vs AMD FX-6300

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 1, 2013 4:18:31 AM

So I have dillema which cpu is better for gaming , i3 3240 or amd fx 6300
im planning to use ati radeon 7790 gb, so which cpu will be better for gaming, if thats i3 will it be able to run all upcoming games because of its 2 cores???

More about : 3240 amd 6300

a b à CPUs
September 1, 2013 8:00:46 AM

According to tomshardware cpu hierarchy chart, the 3240 is slightly better, but I'm sure it depends on the game you are playing and for the future, who knows. The i3 is dual core with hyperthreading so that can help improve performance in some games, possibly in future games as well.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o...
a b à CPUs
September 1, 2013 8:07:17 AM

The AMD FX 6300 is a better choice for the future. Since more games are now using more threads and more cores, the FX 6300 will stand to the future better than the i3. Both are good choices, but the FX 6300 can overclock and even get to i5 speeds if you were to overclock it high enough. It is also a cheaper platform since AM3 / AM3+ motherboards start at £35 / $50 while the Intel platform will be more expensive. Save your money by getting the FX 6300 and use those savings to add to your budget and by like a bigger HDD or a more powerful GPU.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 1, 2013 10:26:50 AM

dottorrent said:
The AMD FX 6300 is a better choice for the future. Since more games are now using more threads and more cores, the FX 6300 will stand to the future better than the i3. Both are good choices, but the FX 6300 can overclock and even get to i5 speeds if you were to overclock it high enough. It is also a cheaper platform since AM3 / AM3+ motherboards start at £35 / $50 while the Intel platform will be more expensive. Save your money by getting the FX 6300 and use those savings to add to your budget and by like a bigger HDD or a more powerful GPU.

An FX processor cannot get near an Ivy or Hasewell i5 unless you make an ludicrously high overclock. But at that point, it will consome so much power and create so much heat, why not get an i5?

I've seen H61's run for $54 on newegg.

Both are good choices and you can't go wrong with either.
!