Which Web Browser is Best?

Last response: in Applications

Which browser is best?

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
September 1, 2013 10:00:05 AM

Look at speed, ease of use and aesthetics.

My speed tests using BT Infinity

Firefox:

Chrome

Safari

Couldn't test IE as I use a Mac.

Firefox and Chrome seem the fastest, which would add up being as Chrome is super-duper-lightweight and Firefox has won the Web Browser Grand Prix many times.

Though the site http://speedtest.net/ seems to only grade Firefox an A, this may be because of traffic at the time.

Meh, let's see what you think.

More about : web browser

September 1, 2013 1:25:58 PM

Between your fastest and slowest, I see a 2% difference. Easily due to specific traffic at that moment, rather than a particular browser.
September 2, 2013 3:16:20 AM

Network benchmarks aren't an indicator of browser performance. They are an indicator of network performance. I think yours passes too.
Related resources
September 28, 2013 7:56:15 PM

You guys probably need this as well:
I open a same web page, then five web browser's occupation are as following:
Internet Explore: 179088 K
opera: 158632 K
Safari: 165932 K
firefox: 136700 K
chrome: 272276 K
September 30, 2013 3:18:20 PM

OP, you left out Opera! Not that it gets my vote but still!

Chrome is my winner:

Ease of Use: Chrome
Speed: Chrome
Aesthetics: Toss Up

That's my experience anyway. Second place would go to Opera, I particularly like the way it handle's pop-ups (the intentional ones, not the annoying ones you block). Chrome and IE pop-up new Windows but Opera will often open them in a new tab, which is preferable for me.
a b È Firefox
December 4, 2013 5:53:14 AM

I prefer firefox. You may also want to try this speed test site as it uses HTML5 instead of java.

http://speedof.me/
December 5, 2013 6:06:50 PM

No doubt. Mozilla is best for the general purpose. It's operating speed, loading time everything is better than other browsers.
December 6, 2013 10:07:59 AM

I like Chrome because it seems faster to me and I like the fonts better than IE. I use to use Firefox but it had higher cpu usage with flash compared to other browsers. IE 11 isn't too bad, I just don't like the blurry fonts it uses. Opera is ok but I found many sites that wouldn't work correctly with it. I never tried Safari.

!