Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

What kind of dog should I get?!?

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Intel i7
  • Intel
  • Corsair
Last response: in Overclocking
September 1, 2013 6:04:04 PM

LMFAO if U clicked on this post! Anyway, how high of an OC will I be able to get with an intel core i7 4820k & Corsair H80 without it ever exeeding 60C?

P.S. I at least want 4.2 ghz

More about : kind dog

a c 921 K Overclocking
a c 601 å Intel
September 1, 2013 6:27:15 PM

I clicked on it as I was going to delete the thread as non-appropriate, but will leave it, how high of an OC you can get, will prob be low, it depends on the skills of the OCer and the cooler (in part) the H80 isn't any better than many air coolers, if your choice is the H80 , I tend to doubt much OC experience
September 1, 2013 6:46:51 PM

Tradesman1 said:
I clicked on it as I was going to delete the thread as non-appropriate, but will leave it, how high of an OC you can get, will prob be low, it depends on the skills of the OCer and the cooler (in part) the H80 isn't any better than many air coolers, if your choice is the H80 , I tend to doubt much OC experience


yes, you are right, I dont have much experience with oc'ing, this will actually be my first time. also, what is the difference between the H80 and H80i, because the H80 seemed to be a very good cooler, it looked better than the coolermaster 212 evo air cooler, and that is what I was getting before. it also looked better than the antec h2o kuhler 620
Related resources
a c 205 å Intel
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2013 7:23:00 PM

Not much of a dog person. I'm more of a cat person. To be more specific a F2 or F3 generation savannah hybrid cat... unfortunately other than being rather expensive, it is also illegal to own a hybrid cat in NYS.


I am not crazy about water cooling. Since socket 1150 and 1155 uses the same mounting (unless every website I have read lied), I would simply get the Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 1, 2013 7:42:50 PM

jaguarskx said:
Not much of a dog person. I'm more of a cat person. To be more specific a F2 or F3 generation savannah hybrid cat... unfortunately other than being rather expensive, it is also illegal to own a hybrid cat in NYS.


I am not crazy about water cooling. Since socket 1150 and 1155 uses the same mounting (unless every website I have read lied), I would simply get the Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


a 4820k is lga 2011, which is MUCH larger than lga 1155 and 1150. oh, and where is NYS, because if that is in the UK that means one of us is on the wrong forum?!?!?
a c 205 å Intel
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2013 7:58:43 PM

Sorry, I saw "i7" and simply assumed it was the socket 1150 version.

In case you haven't realized yet, the internet is "global" rather than "regional". ;) 
September 1, 2013 8:14:38 PM

jaguarskx said:
Sorry, I saw "i7" and simply assumed it was the socket 1150 version.

In case you haven't realized yet, the internet is "global" rather than "regional". ;) 


here's the usual rule, it might not be this way in the future, but all i7/i5/i3 processors with numbers under *8** are not lga 2011 processors. for example, the intel core i7 4770k is 1150, while the i7 4820k is 2011

And, I found out that NYS is New York State. I cant believe I didn't know that! lol
a c 921 K Overclocking
a c 601 å Intel
September 1, 2013 8:23:42 PM

The H80 is basically about on par with the EVO, the H100 or noctua is a step up, there are others obviously, I used a 212 EVO when I initially built my 4770K because the one I wanted, the CM V8 GTS wasn't being released till the 13th last month, pre-ordered it and installed on the 15th, about 10-11 degrees cooler than the EVO
September 1, 2013 8:42:47 PM

Tradesman1 said:
The H80 is basically about on par with the EVO, the H100 or noctua is a step up, there are others obviously, I used a 212 EVO when I initially built my 4770K because the one I wanted, the CM V8 GTS wasn't being released till the 13th last month, pre-ordered it and installed on the 15th, about 10-11 degrees cooler than the EVO


is liquid cooling good for a lga 2011 Ivy Bridge-E processor, or is there still good air cooling for that socket. also, did you really build a 4770k, because i've never seen someone build a processor, was it hard. lol
a c 921 K Overclocking
a c 601 å Intel
September 1, 2013 9:19:48 PM

Extremely hard - LOL! Yes there's plenty of good air coolers out there, I've long been a fan of the Hyper 212 EVO (and still am, can't beat the bang for the buck, but I shelled out on my Haswell and picked up the new CM V8 GTS, it's great
September 1, 2013 9:24:23 PM

well, Im still going to get liquid cooling, but back 2 the original question, how high of an OC can I get?
a c 921 K Overclocking
a c 601 å Intel
September 1, 2013 9:33:50 PM

I don't have an advanced sample, so there's no telling (from me anyway), Intel usually sends out the Engineering Samples a few weeks before the actual release but requires a NonDisclosure Agreement that info is not to be released till the release date - which is why you always see a plethora of reviews that are released same day....
September 1, 2013 11:01:58 PM

Tradesman1 said:
I don't have an advanced sample, so there's no telling (from me anyway), Intel usually sends out the Engineering Samples a few weeks before the actual release but requires a NonDisclosure Agreement that info is not to be released till the release date - which is why you always see a plethora of reviews that are released same day....


ok, thanks anyway, whenever the info comes out, can you PM me?
a c 921 K Overclocking
a c 601 å Intel
September 1, 2013 11:12:02 PM

I may have the opportunity to get my hands on one later this week, a friend of mine is doing a review on that CPU (think that's the one he told me about,not positive - drop me a PM so I'll remember