netgear shows 108mbsp but speed is only 10mbsp.

So how fast is the connection you buy from the ISP. Why would you think the connection would ever be faster than what you pay for. If it was everyone would just buy the slowest internet connection and buy a fast router and it magically would be fast.

Muhammad Akhtar

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

My ISP provides 20 mbsp and that is what I get with speedtest.net with computer connected with wire and I should get 20 mbsp with speedtest.net on the computer where Netgear adapter is connected.

Then you likely have the most common issue that of interference.

108m is a rather strange speed for it to negotiate it means you are running wide channels with wide guard bands. If you would move it to narrow guard bands you would get the more common 120m. The key thing though is 108 or 120 means you are seeing errors or weak signal to start. How bad is a little tough to predict since 108 using mimo is worse than 108 without.

In any case the speed it negotiates is only the devices best attempt but it does not actually represent the actual throughput. That is based on how many packets are actually damaged and retransmitted. The more data you must recover the longer it takes and the less total data you can get though in a period of time.

First thing to try is get INSSIDER and see what signals you have in your neighborhood. Since you are running wideband you are using 2 channel groups which greatly increases you odds of overlapping someone. There are only 3 non overlapping channels so when you use 2 of the 3 there is really only 1 left for others and if they run wide channels also they will be 100% chance they overlap you.

Even though you get lower negotiated speed try to set the router to use 20mhz rather than 40mhz channels. Some routers call it wide and narrow instead of using mhz. Then try channels 1,6,11 whichever has the fewest neighbors on it. You may only negotiate a speed of 72m but it may actually be able to put more data though because you are getting less interference. You can in theory get 144m using one channel with mimo and narrow guard bands.