Old tower, Future gaming pc?!?!

datucksta

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Hello all, totally new to desktop gaming (stuck to consoles since child) but feel like you could get so much more from games such as Grand Theft Auto on a gaming pc because of modding, etc. Anyways, this is an old tower I found in a back room and a list of it's specs:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/compaq-presario-media-center/4507-3118_7-32513183.html

I would guess its so old that gutting it entirely to create a gaming pc using the tower as only a case is the way to go about this. I just have no clue where to start and what to price and what this tower needs to be a great gaming pc???? Is it worth building my own using this tower???
Thanks for any help!!

The problem is that case is made for OEM system. There are might part that cannot fit into the case. For example Dell OEM dekstop can only fit in mainboard that specifically made for Dell. If you're going to buy all the parts yourself you can get generic case if you don't want to spend big dollar on casing though with such case air flow can be bad.

You should be able to get better answer if you make a thread at system builder section.

datucksta

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Ok, thank you for the quick advice! I'm learning