Should my GPU be idling at 50°C?

Evan Lambert

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I have the Nvidia GTX 660ti 3GB GPU and EVGA Precision. About a week ago my son tipped over my computer tower and since then even when im not in game it says the temp is at 50 when im pretty sure it used to be around 30. And the GPU Clock and voltage used to adjust whenever i enterered a game but now it pretty much just stays at 979 MHZ which is about 60% of the way through the little bar the monitor has when it used to be when i was out of game it would drop to around the 10% mark. Is something wrong with my GPU?

Spec13

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
It certainly shouldn't be idling at 50c. Are there any unusual sounds coming from the GPU? Are the fans spinning as usual?

Evan Lambert

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

yes the fans fine but the problem iv noticed is my GPU clock normal drops after i exit a game and its stopped dropping so it says my video card is working harder than it should..

breadkun

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Well the fall could of done things like:

Mess up the temperature probe - Giving you fake readings
Messed up the dust so it goes everywhere - Kidding with this one, is your case clean?

Evan Lambert

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Yeah i blow it out like once a month. It seems to be better today the clock is sitting at 324 MHZ and the temps at 29. I haven't entered a game yet though so hopefully after im done it will go back down to this range.