Sign in with
Your question

i can't logon on my hp laptop, everytime i type my password it said ''The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2013 9:26:50 AM

I can't logon on my HP laptop, everytime i type my password it said ''The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded, please help
November 7, 2013 11:45:33 AM

I had this problem 2 days ago. After hours of reading on the internet, using my old faithful, but slow. laptop, I decided to try the "restore" method. I accessed my laptop's SAFE MODE by tapping F8 while restarting it. I followed the restore instructions and the program listed one program that would be removed. It was AVG 2014. I had just loaded this a few days ago. I continued on and when done, was back to using AVG 2013. Also, I could logon with no problems and didn't lose any other information. Somewhere on the net, I had read that there was a possibility that some recent updates could be causing the logon problem, including AVG. Anyway, it worked for me so thought I would share.
Related resources
February 10, 2014 3:20:06 AM

Tumblergal said:
I had this problem 2 days ago. After hours of reading on the internet, using my old faithful, but slow. laptop, I decided to try the "restore" method. I accessed my laptop's SAFE MODE by tapping F8 while restarting it. I followed the restore instructions and the program listed one program that would be removed. It was AVG 2014. I had just loaded this a few days ago. I continued on and when done, was back to using AVG 2013. Also, I could logon with no problems and didn't lose any other information. Somewhere on the net, I had read that there was a possibility that some recent updates could be causing the logon problem, including AVG. Anyway, it worked for me so thought I would share.

This worked for me, Thank you very much

February 10, 2014 3:21:21 AM

Thank you Tumblergal,
Like you I was reading all the posts and it seemed very complicated to fix. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly.:) 
February 21, 2014 1:09:41 PM

faith74 said:
I can't logon on my HP laptop, everytime i type my password it said ''The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded, please help

sorry clicked the wrong button, i have same problem on an acer andcan't get any help
5 minutes ago

Maggie238 said:
Tumblergal said:

This worked for me, Thank you very much

3 minutes ago

Thank you so much. My husband was trying to fix the problem while I was at work. Could not do it for 3 hours.
When I got home I googles my questions and followed your instructions. Piece of Cake.
Fixed. I have another PC that had a virus and were waiting for tech, I am running the restore on it now and it is taking a long time. Hopefully that will solve the problem
!