i can't logon on my hp laptop, everytime i type my password it said ''The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User

faith74

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I can't logon on my HP laptop, everytime i type my password it said ''The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded, please help

Tumblergal

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I had this problem 2 days ago. After hours of reading on the internet, using my old faithful, but slow. laptop, I decided to try the "restore" method. I accessed my laptop's SAFE MODE by tapping F8 while restarting it. I followed the restore instructions and the program listed one program that would be removed. It was AVG 2014. I had just loaded this a few days ago. I continued on and when done, was back to using AVG 2013. Also, I could logon with no problems and didn't lose any other information. Somewhere on the net, I had read that there was a possibility that some recent updates could be causing the logon problem, including AVG. Anyway, it worked for me so thought I would share.

Maggie238

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

This worked for me, Thank you very much

Maggie238

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Thank you Tumblergal,
Like you I was reading all the posts and it seemed very complicated to fix. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly.:)

overman3570

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

sorry clicked the wrong button, i have same problem on an acer andcan't get any help

monalisash

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014

monalisash

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Thank you so much. My husband was trying to fix the problem while I was at work. Could not do it for 3 hours.
When I got home I googles my questions and followed your instructions. Piece of Cake.
Fixed. I have another PC that had a virus and were waiting for tech, I am running the restore on it now and it is taking a long time. Hopefully that will solve the problem

Solve101

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Follow the option below If The user profile service failed the logon or User profile cannot be loaded appears while attempting to logon in Windows 8,7,vista or 2008.

1) Safe Mode

You can try to fix with “Safe Mode” repeatedly tap F8 as you bootup. The ADMIN account in Safe. Reboot it and start your computer in safe mode, then log on using the Administrator (or an Administrator-level) account.

2) Through the Registry Editor

3) Close regedit, and restart the computer.
Now you are able to log on to the account without getting this error.

For complete solution visit this.
Source: http://www.solveinweb.com/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/

Natasha_1

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Ohhh thank you guys for the advice!!! This worked..I was so worried I'd lose all my information. Thanks!!! So grateful.