Re-Allocate Video RAM

SgtStiffler

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Hi,
When I bought my PC, the person who made it allocated 2GB of my 8GB of RAM to my GPU. Today, I've got a new GTX670, this has its own 4GB of GDDR5 RAM. Now, I get a 'Memory management error. I've tried running some command lines in the boot CMD (I get BSOD after 10s) with no luck. I believe it was called src /SCANNOW. This did nothing. I've tried running the memory diagnosis, nothing. It doesn't crash in safe mode.
Please help- how can I re-allocate the RAM to system shared?

The system ram is returned for system use as soon as a dedicated video card is installed and the system is powered on. Your Memory Management blue screen is likely due to your video drivers. Go to the Nvidia website and grab the latest version. If you are already on the latest one (currently version 320.49) either revert to an older version which is WHQL certified, such as 320.18, or try out one of the newer beta versions to see if they work.

Download whichever version you want to try first and boot into safe mode. Uninstall any existing versions of the Nvidia driver so that your system reverts back to the generic driver (allowing you to boot normally again). Run the install for the new driver and reboot.

SgtStiffler

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I uninstalled the drivers in safe mode and booted in normal mode. It doesn't crash when no drivers are installed. I'm using Windows 8.1 preview, therefore there're only three drivers to choose from. They're all beta drivers. It crashes with the latest 8.1 driver and I cannot install W8 drivers.
So I'm a bit stuck- do I try the other drivers or something?
I've also reset my BIOS to safe settings.