First time mechanical keyboard

Kyle Clifton

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
If you're reading this you might be wondering "is it worth buying a mechanical keyboard?" and "what switches should i get"?. I was wondering the same thing. Is it worth it was the first thing I wondered. I looked at others reviews and thoughts. I found the most deciding factor was people stated "It will help you type faster then you thought you could," and "the response time is noticeable." I had to find out for my self if that was true. Then the next question was "which Switches would I go with?" I did not want a clicky sound or tactile feedback" means you will get a noticeable feeling when the key is compressed all the way. I decided to go with Cherry-MX black. I received the keyboard plugged it in and turned on League of Legends. I pressed the key to activated a spell and WOW I have been messing out for a long time. I immediately felt a difference. Now after having the keyboard for a few months my typing speed has gone up by almost 20 words per minute, and it just feels more satisfying typing on a Mechanical keyboard. Hope this helps and I strongly agree if you are looking to buy a new keyboard you go with any kind of Mechanical Keyboard.

if you think a mx black is good for typing then you may want to try out a blue or brown sometime. the tactile feedback and key letoff help out alot. i would almost say its the same difference from a black to brown (or blue) that a non mechanical is to a black mechanical.

just do yourself a huge favor. keep all drinks away from cherry mx keyswitches as the whole design of the keyboards funnels all liquid and dirt into the switches jamming them up permanently. my $150 wasd is dead because of it so just warning you now.

Kyle Clifton

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

I will have to order blue next thanks. Good advice will watch out for those pesky drinks.