Weird Sound Clips with HDMI

geojlacy

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
When I hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI, and set my sound to come out of the TV, I hear these 5-10 second clips of the most random stuff. I heard an ad for 5 hour energy, an ad for a local grocery store, random sound clips from songs I've never heard before, action movie-like explosions with dramatic music, cooking shows, the list goes on.

It's strange because it's always the same exact sound clips. I'll hear the same 5 hour energy ad, the same clip from the cooking show, the same rock and roll song. They occasionally overlap, they always abruptly stop, and generally occur between 5 seconds and 5 minutes of each other.

When I switch to the sound coming from my laptop, the clips stop. When I'm not connected to the internet, the issue goes away. When I turn the computer on in safe mode, the issue still occurs. I'm assuming it's some sort of interference from an external source rather than a virus. This happened a few months back and eventually just went away, but all the clips were different. I can't tell if it has stopped this time around but I havent heard it in about 10 minutes.

If anyone has any experience or advice I'd be GREATLY appreciative.