Sign in with
Your question

Building a system overseas, so my choices are limited. Need thoughts

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2013 1:49:30 AM

Hey all,

So I am living abroad in Vietnam and I have gotten to the point that I want to build a new system for gaming and general use. Vietnam is not that bad in terms of getting ahold of technology, however I don't have the same access to whatever I want like I would back in America. With that in mind, I have put together a potential system with listings from one of the local retailers here. You will have to forgive the bits of Vietnamese in the descriptions. The important info should all be in English...

Video Card: Cạc màn hình Asus 3Gb HD7970-DC2-3GD5
Mobo: Bo mạch chủ Asus P8Z77-V
RAM: Bộ nhớ RAM Gskill 8GB RIPJAWS XL
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
PSU: Nguồn máy tính Corsair Gaming Series GS700
HDD: Ổ cứng Western 1Tb Caviar BLUE
Case: Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO
CPU Fan: Vỏ case máy tính Cooler Master Cooler Master Force 500 FOR-500-KKN

If I was in the states, i could easily shop around on Newegg for whatever I want, but shipping things here can be unreliable at times. As a result, I am working off the supplies that I know are obtainable. I would love your thoughts on how this system would perform.

To give some examples of what I want... Skyrim on full settings with some of the HD graphics mods
September 3, 2013 3:05:02 AM

Is there no way to obtain a Noctua cooler in Vietnam? That, or a Hyper 212 would be the high/low-end choice for me.

For HDD, I would not go with a compromise that is the WD Blue. It's better to just pick up a Black for slightly more.
September 3, 2013 7:35:42 AM

eddieroolz said:
Is there no way to obtain a Noctua cooler in Vietnam? That, or a Hyper 212 would be the high/low-end choice for me.

For HDD, I would not go with a compromise that is the WD Blue. It's better to just pick up a Black for slightly more.

I've had no luck finding the Noctua with the retailer I am using, but perhaps I can hunt around some more to try and find it. I just realized I mixed up the Case and CPU fan in my description earlier. I am indeed planning to get a Hyper 212 EVO for the CPU. So hopefully that will work for me.

Not sure why the retailer does not care the Caviar black HDD. That might be another item I will try to hunt for. I agree, i would get it if I can find it, rather than the blue.

Normally this kind of shopping is so easy for me, but since I am overseas, I am at the whims of what I can hunt for and translate with foreign retailers. I think all the hardware is legit, it just isn't as easy as hopping on Newegg. Does anyone have thoughts about the mobo, video card, CPU, memory mash-up? From what research I have done, it seems solid. I just want to make sure there is no glaring mistake I am not seeing. Here is the run down again, without confusing Vietnamese in it...

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
CPUI: Intel Core i5-3570
Graphics Card: ASUS DirectCU II 28nm Graphics Card HD7970-DC2-3GD5
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4 GB) G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series
PSU: Corsair Gaming Series 700-Watt ATX/EPS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 696 Power Supply GS700
September 3, 2013 2:13:27 PM

The core components seems compatible and solid. Do you plan on tweaking the system in the future? If so, try to find the unlocked K version of the CPU.
!